Don't let ticks ruin your summer!
Ticks are an opportunistic pest. Right now, they're gearing up for a blood meal - which is required for them to stay alive. They're active all year round but are most common in spring and fall.
Ticks are a growing concern in Ottawa, especially with the ever-increasing risk of Lyme disease. To help keep your property safe from ticks, you should:
- Keep tall grasses and vegetation trimmed
- Get rid of leaf litter or weeds at the edge of your lawn
- Remove brush and leaves around stone walls or wood piles
- Restrict your pets and kids from trips to the woods to avoid bringing ticks home
- Move wood piles away from your property
- Move kids swings and sandboxes away from the woodland edge
- Use deer fencing to exclude deer from your property
- Use a professional tick control service to eliminate the risk of ticks
To add Tick Control to your service, click the button above or give us a call at 613-903-5079.
For more information on how to prevent ticks on your property: https://blog.mosquito.buzz/tick-tips-for-spring-property-management Or, download our free Ebook “How to Tackle Tick Control”.