Ticks are active all year round, but are most common in Spring and Fall. Ticks will begin biting as soon as temperatures are consistently above 7 degrees... aka right now!
Once better weather hits across Canada, so do the ticks. Right now, ticks across the country are gearing up for a blood meal, which is required for them to stay alive and keep their clock ticking.
How To Avoid Tick Bites
- Wear closed-toe shoes and long-sleeved clothing
- Tuck your pants into your socks. You'll look a bit ridiculous, but it works!
- Wear light coloured clothing to help you spot potential ticks easier
- Wash yourself as soon as you get home to get rid of any loose ticks
- Do a full body check on yourself, your kids, or your pets if you've come back from a tick prone area